If you need help deciding what’s the best water heater or water pump, we can help you decide what is the perfect fit for your home or office.
Furnaces & Furnace Repair
Your home’s HVAC system is an expensive investment and you should consider the following factors when deciding whether to repair or replace:
- Age: Over 12-year-old furnace is not worth repairing, especially if you have already poured money into several repairs over the past few years.
- Investment cost: It costs more to replace than to repair, but consider the long-term investment cost of keeping your old furnace up and running. The professional HVAC technicians at ServiceOne Air Conditioning & Plumbing can help you calculate your return on investment.
- Utility rates: By looking at your utility bills and the rising utility rates, you can determine whether you are going to save from a furnace replacement.
Furnace Installation & Replacement
- Benefits of an Energy-Efficient Furnace Replacement
- Energy savings: Upgrading from your mediocre furnace to a high-efficiency model, you can expect immediate and profound savings on your monthly utility bills all season long.
- Improved home comfort: The features that help an efficient furnace perform better also keeps you more comfortable. Expect more even temperatures from room to room and fewer drafts that diminish your comfort level.
- Environmentally friendly: Put away your guilt while running your high-efficiency furnace this winter. By keeping your home comfortable with less fuel consumption, an energy-efficient furnace replacement helps conserve fossil fuels. It also gives off fewer emissions that negatively impact the environment.
Proper maintenance will make sure your heating systems works properly and last longer.
Tips For Home Furnace Maintenance
Making sure your furnace is working properly is the key to keeping energy costs low. What you should do every fall to make sure your furnace is running as efficiently as possible:
- Check vents to make sure they are clear. Blockages will cause the furnace to run inefficiently.
- Make sure the thermostat is working properly.
- Change the air filter at the start of the heating season, and monthly thereafter.
- Check for gas leaks. If you notice the smell of gas, or any of the connections look worn or damaged, call a professional for repair before you start up the furnace.
- If you have an electronic air cleaner, clean the air filter every other month.
- Schedule an annual tune-up.
Heater Installation, Replacement, Maintenance and Repair
It’s impossible to keep a furnace running forever, eventually a time will come when the furnace will stop working. ServiceOne Air Conditioning & Plumbing technicians are ready to help 24/7, so you know we’re here for you whenever you need us.
How to tell if you should replace or repair the furnace:
- Age: If your furnace is well over a decade old, it could be time to replace it.
- Repair frequency: Is this the second or third repair this year? Is a looming repair close to half the cost of a new system? Stop throwing away money and put your funds toward a high-efficiency replacement.
- Energy bills: Rising energy costs could be one reason your heating bills are higher than a few years ago, but it’s also likely due to your aging furnace losing its ability to perform efficiently. A steady increase in energy bills is a sign that your furnace is past its prime.
- Comfort: Higher energy bills combined with diminished indoor comfort is incredibly frustrating. Uneven temperatures, trouble keeping up with demand, and cold air exiting supply registers are signs of a pending furnace replacement.
Heat Pumps are one of the most energy efficient ways to heat your home and offer many benefits, including tax credits. Air-source heat pumps use outdoor air and ground-source heat pumps exchange heat with the ground in order to provide homes with energy saving options.